Friday, February 24, 2017

01.27.17



40 years seems like it should go by slower
these days, I look in the mirror and see this
fat old man with mostly white hair and I think
'who is this sad bastard? where did he come from?'

see, in my head, I'm not 40, I'm still a teenager
I still have the same thoughts and fears
that I had at 19, the same hopes and desires
there has been no progress in my emotional maturity

when lay in bed at night, I don't think about
retirement, 401k plans, my health, my goals
you know, grown up things, no
I think, 'should I masturbate or lay awake
worrying about nuclear war?'
the same thoughts I had as a teenager

when I was younger, I thought you just
magically grow up one day
never happened, don't think it's ever going to
I'm a 40 year old teenager
and it took so little time to get here
I'm scared of waking up tomorrow
a 60 year old teenager
still wondering what the hell happened
and where all the time went


No comments:

Post a Comment