Friday, February 24, 2017

bane of beauty

she moves like water flowing
gliding on the idea of her own beauty
not what it means to her,
what it means to the rest of the world
she sees the world through her own reflection
as she should, as is her right
for how many beautiful people
truly exist in this world?

I've always wandered what it would be like
to be loved for my looks, for something
I was born with, undeserving
but that's not me, never has been
I'm the other 98% of the human population

which is why I can appreciate her beauty
in a way she will never be able to
until she's old and it's gone
but for now
she shines
like a diamond
like a star
like something precious
that was put on this earth
just to remind
ogers like me
that human beauty is a rare and precious thing
mostly wasted
on the beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment